fairytale

fairytale

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Favourite Quote


Well today is supposed to be 'My Favourite Quote' but I am a huge quote/sayings lover and so I am going to share my top ten quotes with you all because I can't just choose one it would be way too hard for me.

I tend to have lots of quotes written down in my journals or as screensavers on my ipad or phone and I have them jotted down here there and everywhere. If I could have my own office/study in our house one day the walls would be covered in so many quotes you wouldn't see a space of wall.

Ok so here goes. My top ten quotes in no particular order:

#1
'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
I have always loved this quote mainly because I love dancing in the rain but also because it always gets me through any bad day when I say it to myself.

#2


This quote is from one of my favourite romantic movies of all time, Moulin Rouge. I remember being 16 and watching this movie and that line just melted my heart and has been a fave line ever since.

#3
"me? im dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly its the honest ones you want to watch out for because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly.... stupid" Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Caribbean
Basically anything Jack Sparrow says cracks me up, you have to love him! So it is only fitting that one of his quotes makes it into my top ten!

#4
'Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another'
This quote has so much truth to it it's ridiculous. Plus i'm a little mad so any quote that speaks to me on a personal level is perfect!

#5

Pretty damn simple!

#6


This is a quote that I absolutely adore and always preach to others but also a quote that I really need to listen to more because I am the biggest worrier.

#7
"Nobody expects the spanish inquisition" Monty Pythons
Now this quote is a funny one because I actually first took notice of it in the movie Sliding Doors and then when I rewatched the Monty Pythons my love for the line just grew and grew.

#8
"Aww bless their little cotton socks"
My Mum used to say this one when I was younger, it was her British thing to say but I really started to say it a lot after I heard Robbie Williams say it during a video he did with Take That in the 90's and ever since then it has been my favourite thing to say because it brings my Britishness out! :P

#9




HA! one of those sayings that I always think of saying to an annoying customer but can never say so I think it in my head and smile politely.......

#10
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning" Vin Diesel - Fast and the Furious
The line from Fast and the Furious that made me want to have a boyfriend as manly and protective as Vin Diesel when I was 16. Now i'm not so keen on having a huge car racing muscle man who gets his girlfriend in trouble with the law all the time but I do still love this quote and the awesome way that he says it.

So there you have it! My top ten favourite quotes or sayings. Do you have a favourite quote??? comment below if you do :D

Stay tuned tomorrow for: - 'What's in my Handbag'

No comments:

Post a Comment