fairytale

fairytale

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Earliest Childhood Memory




Well today's post I really had to think hard about. Every time I thought of a childhood memory I managed to think of one that was even earlier than that so I have thought all morning and finally I have found one and so far I can't think of anything earlier.

Whenever I think of my childhood it always makes me happy because before I was 6 years old it was just me and my Mummy living in England and I was so lucky to be able to spend 6 amazing years alone with her. I have 5 siblings as well and I love them to pieces but just being able to remember those first 6 years is amazing and it means so much to me especially now that I no longer get to have my Mum around as most of you know that she passed away in 2013 from cancer.

The earliest childhood memory I can remember is actually one full day that I spent with my Mum. I remember walking around town with her and she had to pop into her work (she worked in a toy factory place) and she let me look around the factory and gave me a toy turtle that moved it's legs in the bath and swam around. Best toy ever! After that I remember us both walking some more (my mum couldn't drive at that time so we caught lots of buses or walked a lot) to go and visit my grandma and on the way we passed the big post office and as always I walked along the big wall holding my Mum's hand. After that I remember visiting Grandma, baking cupcakes and looking at her collection of bells.

And that is the first childhood memory I can remember. I have no idea how old I was at the time, I just remember the day.

What is your earliest childhood memory??

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post - "My Guilty Pleasure"

Ciao
Liane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment