Last night I made my first ever.....Bacon and Egg Pie! and it seems I have been missing out on pure yumminess! How could I not have made one of these delicious meals until now??
I have no idea!
But here is the recipe (just in case you have never tried one or just want the recipe)
Bacon and Egg Pie with Salad
2 sheets ready rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
8 rashers bacon, diced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 large tomato
1/2 capsicum (I chose yellow to add colour)
1 red onion
1. Preheat the oven to 210 degrees (fan forced 190). Grease a 20cm pie dish and then line with 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry, re-rolling slightly if needed.
2. Cook bacon in a non stick pan until just golden. Place half in the base of the pie dish. Carefully crack eggs into the dish, making sure you don't break the yolks. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with remaining bacon and chopped parsley.
3. Top with remaining pastry sheet, press edges to seal. Trim excess pastry and brush with beaten egg.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 180 degrees (fan forced 160) and cook for a further 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
5. Chop salad ingredients to desired chunks or strips toss in a bowl and serve alongside.