fairytale

fairytale

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Foodie Friday - A week of healthy eating!!

Yay! It's Foodie Friday :D and even better this is my very first blog post for Foodie Friday!! Double Yay!! Every Friday my blog post will be food related whether it is me sharing a recipe, a menu plan for the week, reviewing a restaurant or food product or maybe a health food post. Every Friday without fail will be about Food Glorious Food!!

I thought I would start the Friday series with a look at what I have been eating this week. Last week I decided that I need to sort some things out in my life including getting my savings plan going!! (I'm aiming for $2,000 saved by Christmas), sorting out a career plan for myself, going hard at my bucket list AND most importantly getting my health back in order.

I'm hoping that blogging about my journey will help me stay motivated and keep me inspired to continue and get through the hard parts. I find it really hard to keep my goals. Basically I have a bunch of goals and I get super excited about them and then 2 or 3 weeks later, all those goals are out the window. Usually it is a "I don't have enough time" thing and sometimes it is just a "I tried but i'm just not good enough" thing. Either way it sucks and I deserve better from myself.

So this week I started slowly getting back into a healthy eating routine. I don't need to lose weight so I'm not on a diet I'm just trying to eat more clean foods and get fitter and healthier. 

Here is my week in food:
Monday - Brekky: Oatmeal with almond milk, banana and strawberries. green tea
Snack: Apple, Carrot and Celery sticks
Lunch: Cucumber sandwich
Snack: Greek Yoghurt and Chamomile tea
Dinner: Meatball Rigatoni

Tuesday - Brekky: Muffin with Peanut Butter and Banana
Snack: Orange Smoothie
Lunch: Salad Sandwich
Snack: Pineapple and Blueberries
Dinner: Southern Fried Chicken with chips

Wednesday - Brekky: Oatmeal with almond milk, banana, strawberries and sultanas
snack: fruit and nut with a hot chocolate
Lunch: cheese and pineapple toastie
Snack: Greek yoghurt topped with berries
Dinner: Lamb Rendang and a Peppermint tea


Thursday - Brekky: Muffin topped with peanut butter and banana
Snack: fruit and nut
Lunch: salad sandwich
Snack: veg and dip
dinner: I cheated this night because I was tired and forgot to get meat out the freezer so we had kfc :( 

Friday - Brekky: banana smoothie
Snack: peppermint tea
Lunch: subway sandwich
snack: fruit and nut
Dinner: beef and veg soup

Okay so it wasn't the best start but I'm trying. Next week is going to be even better I can feel it. I am very proud of myself though as I have been drinking much more water which is fantastic for me. In the morning I have a glass of lemon water and some days I take my large water bottle filled with slices of orange, strawberries and mint leaves. It is soooooo good and helps me get that water down :) I'll definitely be trying out some more infused waters next week. Let me know your favourite infused water combos in the comments and I will try them out! I might even do a blog post on them soon.

Stay tuned next week for the next instalment of Foodie Friday!

Ciao
Liane xx 








No comments:

Post a Comment