Well in my palace, Monday and Tuesday are the days that my amazing little munchkins get to take over the kitchen and make our family dinner.
This week because mummy was on a Jamie Oliver journey with her new cook books, Mikey decided to create one of Jamie Oliver's meals and he decided to go for one that incorporated his favourite ingredient...............noodles!!
So while Mikey was at school mummy headed out to collect the ingredients and then after school and homework we got started to create:
Rib Eye Stir Fry with Dan Dan Noodles and Jasmine Tea
It was absolutely delicious and Jamie Oliver's instructions were simple enough even for Mr Eight to follow which was fantastic and boy did he work hard at this meal :D he was extremely proud of himself for his hard work and so was mummy!
On Tuesday it was Rahni's turn to cook for the family and she decided to make us some home made pizzas!! These were also delicious and a lot of effort was put in to create them! So I was very proud yet again! This time daddy helped with the cooking while Mummy and Mikey took a break!
This was the final product!! YUM!!
A margerita pizza and a hawaiin pizza!! with Mummy's valentines day flowers just to add to the table decorations :D lucky me!! and if you look further below I have included the recipe for homemade pizzas!!
Pizza Dough (makes 1 pizza)
225 g white strong flour
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons dried yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
2. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until soft and smooth. Lightly oil a bowl, add the dough and turn to coat in the oil. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size. Preheat the Oven to 210 degrees.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove
425g tinned crushed tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon chopped thyme
6 chopped basil leaves
polenta, to sprinkle
150g mozarella cheese, thinly sliced
olive oil, extra to drizzle
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme and basil and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 - 25 minutes, or until thick. Cool then remove the bay leaf.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface, punch down to expel the air and knead for 5 minutes. Shape into a ball and roll to 28 - 30 cms diameter.
3. Oil a pizza tray the size of the dough. Sprinkle the tray with polenta and place the dough on top. Spread the sauce over the dough, leaving a 3cm border. Arrange the mozzarella on top and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and bubbling
3 tablespoons tomato paste
4 pineapple slices, cut into cubes
100g shaved ham, sliced
150g mozarella cheese, grated
1. Place the dough on a floured surface, punch down to expel the air and knead for 5 minutes. Shape into a ball and roll to 28 - 30cms diameter.
2. Oil a pizza tray the size of the dough. Sprinkle the tray with polenta and place the dough on top.
3. Spread the tomato paste over the dough, leaving a 3cm border. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on top, followed by the ham and pineapple and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and cheese is melted.
I hope you enjoy making these pizzas with your kids! and if you have other topping ideas feel free to share below :D I would love to hear some new ideas!!