Basically the round cake tin I used was too small which meant by the end of the cooking stage my cake had risen above the tin creating a bulge at the bottom when the cake was put the right way up! however this didn't affect the cake at all just the presentation soooo......time to get some different size cake pans I think!! anyway here is the recipe for you all to give it a go!! It was certainly extremely yummy!!!
Caramel Peach Upside Down Cake!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Serves: 10 - 12
250g unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup soft brown sugar
825g tinned peach halves in natural juice
1 cup caster sugar
3 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 and 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
1 cup plain yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a deep 23cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Melt 50g of the butter and pour on the base of the tin. Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
3. Drain the peaches we;;, reserving about 1 tablespoon of the liquid. Arrange the peach halves, cut side up, over the sugar.
4. Beat the caster sugar, lemon zest and remaining butter using electric beaters for 5 - 6 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the egg gradually, beating well after each addition (the mixture may look curdled but once you add the flour, it will bring it back together). Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour alternately with the yoghurt (in two batches) then the reserved peach liquid. Spoon the mixture over the peaches and smooth the surface.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a large serving plate.
Remember to Have Fun and Enjoy!