Today the kids and I decided to make some Christmas Cookies :D We made stars, christmas trees, santas and little people :P
It was so much fun and they were so tasty I decided to share the finished product with you and the simple recipe that we used to create them!
Because we can't all be fabulous at baking.....I know that baking is certainly NOT my forte.....which is why I am soooo easily impressed with anyone who can bake more than 12 cookies and make them look amazing! This recipe is just pure simple....which is exactly what you want when baking with little munchkins :D
Basic Biscuit Dough
125g butter (softened)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
Christmas Cookie Cutters (mine were from my local Coles)
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl or if you are as cheeky as me throw it all into your electric mixer (I love my mixer) and then just mix away until you get a nice dough.
2. roll into a ball and place in refrigerator for 5 - 10 minutes meanwhile pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
3. Sprinkle the benchtop with flour and roll out dough! then cut out as many cookies as you can using the cookie cutters.
4. Place in oven and bake for 10 - 12 mins (time varies on ovens so keep an eye on them)
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack and start preparing the icing!
Basic Biscuit Icing
1 cup icing sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
red and green food colouring
1. In a small bowl stir together sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth. If icing is too thick add a small amount more of corn syrup.
2. Divide into seperate bowls and add food colourings to each until you get the desired colour.
Spread onto Cooled Cookies and....