fairytale

fairytale

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Utopia, Fault in our Stars and Positive Polly

So lately I have been watching a new television series called Utopia with my husband! Let's just say that I am totally hooked. I really do love it when I am able to find a show that both my husband and myself get excited about. this doesn't happen a lot because I tend to become obsessed with pretty cheesy shows but every now and then something slips through that we both love to snuggle up on the couch to and watch together. 
These have included, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Fargo. utopia has become the latest obsession and we are LOVING it! The show is dark and twisted and brutal but I love the characters and the twisted plot. The relationships formed have me hooked from best friend kids, lovers or even the prostitute and wife dilemma I just have myself glued to the screen. 
I highly recommend watching it if you haven't already. We are just about to watch season 2 yay!!

 
Okay now to the latest book I have read. I have tried to stay away from The Fault in our Stars due to it being a cancer novel and as my mother passed away last year from cancer I just couldn't bring myself to read it. My daughter is obsessed with the book and the writer so I decided when I got my new iPad that I would read the sample on kindle and see what it was all about. I got hooked and wanted to read more so I purchased the whole book and I must admit I was a little disappointed in the end. I don't think it was the storyline that bugged me I think it was the actual writing style of John Green that just didn't sit right with me. It was a very basic novel I thought and I have read so many books in my 28 years that this one just wasn't anything special but for teens I can see what the hype is about and why it is popular. 

    

I was browsing YouTube this week while I was doing the whole bored housewife thing and I came across some videos of Willow Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith and oh gosh did the tears flow on one.....

This video really went straight to my heart. How can someone so young have so much wisdom to share? Well it inspired me to want to live better, to listen to my children more and make sure that I always pay attention to them. Red Talks also gave me the will to want to take every day as it comes but also it has inspired me to want to make myself happy......because being a happy mother and a happy wife will make me love my family more and will make me appreciate life more. I want to be happy and I want to live a life for me one that I have chosen for myself and one that inspires me to not only care about others but also care about ME! 
So the positive Polly I me is looking into some life options at present.....I am looking at some things I can do in my life that I WANT to do and not what I have to do. I have started looking at some university courses, some writing options and also some hobby options as well :) 

Stay tuned for all the outcomes :p 

Ciao 
liane xxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment