fairytale

fairytale

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Masterchef Style



Well Masterchef has started back up on tv and this means pure excitement in my Palace!! as we all gather around the tv cheering on our favourite Masterchef contestants. I must say the biggest excitement for me is the Masterchef judges......yep I secretly love them! I think I could marry George! and Matt Preston just makes me smile the whole time! and Gary can annoy me sometimes but I must say I have a soft spot for him too.....I think it's that he always wears a suit and I love a man in a suit :P haha!

This year I think my favourite contestant would have to be Audra! so I am backing her all the way :D but some of the other contestants are growing on me too.....it must be so hard to be a judge! I certainly couldn't do it! The food this year is just looking amazing and is inspiring me to once again get back into the full swing of enjoying a creating some new dishes!! I had an old Masterchef magazine from last year laying around so yesterday I had a read and chosse one of the winter recipes! and my gosh it was amazing!! so I think i'll share the recipe with you all today.........

PORK AND VEAL MEAT LOAF WITH ROAST VEGETABLES
serves 4
Preperation: 20mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
350g pork mince
350g veal mince (I used beef mince as my butcher didn't have veal)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, peeled, grated
1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1 tbs finely chopped sage
1 egg
                                             3 rashers bacon, rind removed, finely chopped

Roast Veg:
4 button squash 
8 baby truss tomatoes
8 baby (dutch) carrots, trimmed
2 tbs olive oil

  1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 14cm x 21cm loaf pan, then line the base and sides with Multix Bake.

2. Combine pork, veal, garlic, onion, carrot, breadcrumbs, 60ml (1/4 cup) barbeque sauce, sage and egg in a large bowl. Press mixture firmly into pan.

3. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Drain juices from pan, then invert meat loaf onto an oven tray lined with multix bake. Combine bacon and remaining barbeque sauce in a bowl, then spoon over meat loaf. Bake for 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked. Cover.

4. Meanwhile, combine veg and olive oil on an oven tray lined with Multix Bake, then season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with thick slices of meat loaf.

Now sit back with your family around the table and ENJOY :D 

Liane xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment